What are Dermal Fillers?
Dermal Fillers are injectable products that soften and correct lines, wrinkles and folds in the skin. In addition, Dermal Fillers are commonly used to augment and enhance the lips, cheeks and facial contours. Dermal Fillers are used to smooth crow’s feet and frown lines between the eyes, near the mouth ( vertical lines on the top lip), Nasal lines and lip enhancements. Dermal Fillers help regain natural healthy looking facial skin. It is a well recommended treatment for any fine lines and wrinkles problems.
Dermal Fillers are popular treatments for wrinkles and facial lines. A Dermal Filler procedure helps to fill out and smooth away troublesome:
- Nose to Mouth Grooves
- Forehead Lines
- Frown Furrows
- Lipstick Lines
- Acne Pits
- Crows Feet
- Dermal Filler treatments offer patients a wide range of benefits, including a more youthful appearance.
- This treatment can be used to fill minor to moderate lines and wrinkles and is especially effective around the eyes, nose, and mouth.
- When used as a lip enhancement product, it can lend volume and definition to lips, producing a sensual, more pronounced pout.
- The treatment can be tailored to your needs providing a natural look.
- The treatment is non-invasive with virtually no recovery time necessary; you can resume your normal activities immediately after treatment.
- Not permanent and will naturally break down.
- Technologically advanced man made fillers (such as Restylane and Teosyal) are animal-free and they require no test prior to treatment, whereas approx 2-3% of people have an allergic reaction to collagen and as such we carry out a 28-day skin test, prior to any collagen treatment.
Dermal Filler Aftercare
* Do not T apply make up or creams for at least 6 hours after Dermal Filler Treatment
* Do not expose the treatment areas to extreme heat (sunbeds/sauna) for at least 2 weeks
* Do gently massage the Dermal Filler treatment areas for up to 2 weeks to avoid unevenness
Dermal Filler Possible side effects
* Immediate redness, swelling, burning and itching around the treatment site are common and should settle within the first few hours
* Bruising and swelling lasting up to 2 weeks are less common and should resolve spontaneously
* Slight blue discolouration of the treatment area is less common
* Cold sores may erupt following lip augmentation – this should be treated with Zovirax cream from the pharmacy
* Tissue infection/abcess is rare and can be treated with antibiotics
* Granuloma (tissue nodules) are very rare and can be treated with injection of steroid into the affected area
* Tissue necrosis (sores) is very rare and usually resolves
* Hypersensitivity/allergy is very rare and can be treated with antihistamines
Contraindications for Dermal Fillers
You should avoid Dermal Filler treatment if any of the following are relevant even though you have lines and wrinkles:
* History of severe allergy or anaphylaxis
* Known bruising or bleeding disorders
* Anticoagulant and immunosuppressant drugs
* Pregnancy/Breast feeding
Claudia McGloin has had Advanced Training in Dermal Fillers.
The Claudia McGloin Clinic ONLY use FDA Approved and CE Marked Dermal Fillers.
We use Restylane, Skinboosters, Emervel, Perfectha